What to do
once you arrive
On arrival we will meet you at the airport and transport you to Twiga Lodge in one of our safari vehicles. Once you are fully rested, we will tell you about all the wonderful opportunities and options open to you during your stay. You will stay with us at Twiga Lodge for a full day before setting off on your Self-Drive safari. This enables us to ensure you are well prepared and briefed for your adventure. Paul will also take you for a spin to introduce you to your hired 4×4 and give a full briefing on the vehicle and all its equipment – both mechanical (additional gadgets installed to assist you) and the camping gear and accessories to ensure you feel as confident as possible during your trip.
Tanzania is as diverse as it is fascinating, with many exciting spots right on Twiga Lodge’s doorstep! The rich culture is as intoxicating as the animals and landscapes are breathtaking! Our wish is for you to embrace the colour, sights and smells of Tanzania through the wide range of additional activities available for you.
Here are some examples of what we can arrange for you while you are staying with us:
- Walking, climbing and canoeing safaris in Arusha National Park
- Cycling with an experienced guide through unspoilt countryside
- Expertly guided Land Rover safaris into Arusha National Park (including picnic basket) with the use of bird, butterfly and animal identifying charts
- Day trips visiting local tribes to experience their culture and traditions – including visits to organisations that have been set up to help the local communities
- Visit neighbouring coffee plantations and local farms